Direct Sales can be an overwhelming side hustle to get into if you are new to the game. Nowadays, it seems like everywhere you look someone is selling something or promoting the ‘next big thing’. But in all truth, direct sales or network marketing can really be a great way to make money and even make great friendships and professional relationships.
To succeed you really have to work at it, be consistent, and make goals for yourself. This takes time and does not happen overnight. I have two direct sales businesses that I represent, and love them both. I started them to have fun and contribute to the family income. A few years ago, I worked in Network Marketing and did so for over a couple of years. I learned a lot and finally, was interested in returning to the industry. Although, I find direct sales to be a bit different from what I did previously, the principles still apply and many of the advertising pros are the same. All of which, I apply to my work in direct sales.
Some of what I learned is how to advertise your business. There are ways to do this both online and off. It is up to you to utilize what works for you or hey, better yet, utilize all of these tips! It all depends on what you want your business to do for you and what you are willing to do to make that happen.
So here are 15 Ways to Advertise Your Direct Sales Business:
- Get Social. This is obvious in this day and age. Use Social Media to get the word out. Create a business page or VIP group on Facebook. Utilize Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and Pinterest to share with people.
- Get business cards. Pass them out everywhere. Anyone who you talk to about your business should get a card. Put one in any outgoing mail. Leave cards behind, wherever people can find them and possibly get you a lead.
- Make flyers. Post them on public bulletin boards at the library, grocery store, laundromats, apartment complex rental offices, etc.
- Post free ads. Search online advertising sites and get to posting, everything from your on hand merchandise to your business opportunity.
- Check your local papers. If it’s a small community paper you may be able to publish an ad that is inexpensive.
- Forums. These are great places to network and build relationships with other like-minded people. Make sure to add your business information in your signature and people will get curious.
- Register your business in free search engine sites. Search them online and add your info so people can find you.
- Advertise on your car. Most likely you’re using your car for a variety of reasons. So, use it for your biz. Make a car magnet for your business, bumper sticker or window sign.
- Promote in your local neighborhood. Drop catalogs or flyers door to door with a note introducing yourself.
- Make small Swag bags to keep with you. Include a business card, sample or freebie, (such as candy) and current promo info. Give them to anyone that may show or have interest in your business.
- Wear your advertising. Invest in a piece of jewelry, a pin, a shirt or bag that has your biz info on it or a great tag line to stir interest. Most likely your company already has something like this to provide you.
- Get a yard sign. This is more local advertising, sometimes your neighbors can become your best customers and get you referrals. So remind them of what you do and use your yard to promote that.
- Make videos. Share yourself and your products. This helps for people to see you in action and connect with you.
- Blog. Along with #13 this is a great way for people to find you and get to know your brand. Direct Sales is less about selling and more about sharing, networking, and getting to know people and their wants and needs. Show people who you are, share your enthusiasm and knowledge, and things will happen.
- Create a website. If Blogging isn’t for you, creating a website can be a great way to show off your business aside from your affiliate site. Websites like Weebly and Wix are great for this and can help with driving traffic.
These are just 15 ways to advertise your business. These tips are a great guide to developing a following and to get the word out there. Stay consistent, be yourself and share valuable information. Have fun and be creative, the ideas are endless of how to advertise. Think outside of the box and you will be sure to come up with so much more.
To great success! 🙂
Please share what works for you in the comments.